How Relationship Counselling and Sex Therapy Works
Sex therapy can be useful for individuals to identify their own sexual needs and desires, as well as within the relationship of a couple, addressing the dynamics and patterns to bring greater intimacy and passion.
It is a branch of traditional psychotherapy and is “talk therapy.” A sex therapist will use psychological counselling methods such as cognitive behavioral techniques to identify dysfunctional myths and beliefs surrounding sexuality, sex education and couple’s counselling to empower clients to experience sexuality in a different way, as a team.
The first visit is for 90 minutes, at which time you explain your situation, what you are experiencing and any issues you might have. At that time we will explore your options.
You will decide how often, for what duration (60-minute or 90-minute), and even who attends your sessions.
I have two offices in Vancouver:
- The Kingsway office is located at at 300 – 3665 Kingsway (near Boundary).
- The downtown office is located at 1125 Howe St (near Helmcken) Suite 915.
Easily accessible by Skytrain or bus route. Accessible
Online Therapy: Skype (VSEE) sessions
- anywhere in the world
- eliminate travel time
- anonymous and private
- convenient hours (flexible appointments available)
- you decide the combination of office and VSEE visits that works best for you
- the rates are the same; only the location varies
Fee and Insurance Coverage
My fee is $175/hour.
Please ask about a sliding scale $125 – $175 (depending on income)
Payment and Insurance
- You will pay at the time of the appointment with cheque, cash, e-cheque, MC/Visa or Paypal
- I will issue you a receipt for submission for tax purposes. I am reimbursable by some, but not all, extended health care plans as a Registered Professional Counsellor.
- You will need to check with your individual plan as they all vary. In any case, I will issue you a receipt for submission to your insurance carrier or for tax purposes.
- Please note that there is a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Pay for Therapy by cheque, cash, echeque, MasterCard/Visa or Paypal
- Everything you tell me (and you can tell me anything) is held in strictest confidence.
- If you want me to speak with anyone else, including other health care professionals, I will provide you with a consent form.